Saturday, March 20, 2010
But there was this one forward that my uncle sent me last year that I loved and rather than 'forwarding' it I posted it on my blog (here).
This one below is i think on the same line as the last link, and this one made me smile, so rather them bombarding your mailbox I am hosting it here. Cheers!
I wanted to thank all my friends and family who have forwarded chain letters to me in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 and continuing it in 2010 also :)
Because of your kindness:
* I stopped drinking Coca Cola after I found out that it's good for removing toilet stains and can harm intestines.
* I stopped eating Kurkure and Mentos since they are made of kurkure is made of plastic and mentos may blast in stomach
* I stopped going to the movies for fear of sitting on a needle infected with AIDS.
* Forwarded hundreds of mails but still waiting for FREE DESKTOP, LAPTOP, CAMERA, CELLPHONE or cheques from Microsoft.
* I smell like a wet dog since I stopped using deodorants because they cause cancer...
* I don't leave my car in the parking lot or any other place and sometimes I even have to walk about 7 blocks for fear that someone will drug me with a perfume sample and try to rob me.
* I also stopped answering the phone for fear that they may ask me to dial a stupid number and then I get a phone bill with calls to Uganda, Pakistan, Singapore and Tokyo.
* I also stopped drinking anything out of a can for fear that I will get sick from the rat faeces and urine.
* I also stopped withdrawing money from ATM machine due to the fear of hidden devices that may capture my card information and empty my bank account.
* When I go to parties, I don't look at any girl, no matter how hot she is, for fear that she will take me to a hotel, drug me, then take my kidneys and leave me taking a nap in a bathtub full of ice.
* I also donated all my savings to the Amy Bruce account. A sick girl that was about to die in the hospital about 7,000 times.. (Poor girl! she’s been 7 since 1993...)
* Still open to help somebody from Nigeria who wants to use my account to transfer his uncle's property of $ 100 million and more. So much trustworthy.
* I have forwarded 35 emails to over 400 people hoping that Ericsson or Nokia will send me latest mobile phones but those models are also obsolete now.
* Made some hundred wishes before forwarding those Angels, Ganesh, Tirupati Balaji pics etc. Now most of those 'Wishes' are already married (to someone else)
If you do not send this e-mail to at least 11,246 people in the next 10 seconds, a bird will P on your head today at 6:30pm.
Nothing has happened till now... but who knows. So please forward..... Otherwise! !!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
So it was interesting that I came across this below write up.....its all in good fun..hopefully someone dosen't take it literally and runs their mouth...
Let me say this again..this is posted as a fun read...if you have objections...just remember I am NOT listening!
Five across the eyes. This is a very basic maneuver and usually enough to cover most situations when your child is out of line. Simply put four fingers tightly together and either leave the thumb off to the side or fold it behind the other four fingers. Then smack your kid across the face with the back of your hand. Now this is the tricky part: make sure to snap your wrist just before contact otherwise you won't get a stinging effect. Very important because you don't want to risk letting your kid think you're a pussy
The 2 x 4 / PVC pipe. If you do your job as a parent, this should never have to be administered. This is for heavy duty jobs only (ie. any time your kid comes home and begins a sentence with "she might be pregnant..." or "I can _____ if I want to..." where the blank can be any of the following: smoke, have sex, experiment with drugs, watch Oprah, etc). Usually the threat of this beating is enough to keep your kid from screwing up
The Dragon Kick. If you're interested in a permanent solution to your child giving you lip about washing the dishes, cleaning his or her room or filing your tax return, then the Dragon kick might be the technique for you. I guarantee that you will only have to ask once after the Dragon kick has been administered.
The skull thump. A quick blow usually dealt to the side or back of the head. Simply flick them in the head with your finger. An alternative is to smack your child up side the head with your palm. Very useful for teaching your child to read when he or she makes a mistake. Hitting your child when he or she is learning builds confidence, or undermines confidence--I can't remember which.
The one-handed chauffeur reach around. A quick reach around while you're driving to smack your kid and his friends too if they disrespect. Swerve the car back and forth for the full effect.
The cane intercept. If you're too old to chase your kid around the house, use the handle of your cane to trip him if he tries to get away. When he gets up, poke him in the head a few times to let him know who's boss.
2,245,644 people don't know the difference between discipline and child abuse.
Credit to the site: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat
Hope you enjoyed reading ... and it was worth a few laughs :)
Friday, March 12, 2010
I have been neglecting this blog for a really really long time and I have my reasons...the primary one being I am Lazy :) so now you know.
But I do have a ton of stuff to blog about and hopefully tomorrow morning after getting through a couple of episodes of Dekh Bhai Dekh I will feel like blogging...till then my friends...adios
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
It all started in the last Sunday of November when mom, hubby and I went shopping. While mom was busy picking out fresh veggies, hubby and I were scouting the store for puri and murmura :). After dropping mom off (and making promises to eat healthy food) hubby and I headed home, and immediately whipped up some Pani Puri….that fried piece of dough dipped in Jal jeera water is like a little piece of Sunshine….suffice to say that ended up being lunch and dinner :)
Then came my blur of a trip to Mumbai (that is another post altogether), where I was unable to eat any Vada Pav or Pav Bhaji, and was totally disappointed. So naturally the only way to remedy the situation was to make a mouthwatering batch of bhaji, complete with side garnishes of raw onion, Nimbu and Mirchi. Combine that with Garam Pav soaking in Makhan and I was in Pav Bhaji Heaven :)
Then came this weekend, we were completely snowed in and like the rains, when the snow is covering everything and it is cold outside, the heart yearns for some food that will soothe your soul and what better to do that the Pakodas!....and you guessed it, that is exactly what I made, some Onions, some Potatoes and some Paneer pakodas matched up with a steaming cup of Garam Garam ginger tea and I captured another piece of heaven….
With so much sunshine and Heaven going around, I am one happy girl…forget the fact that I am trying to get in shape for the Feb trip…that weight loss can wait….it’s time for some good soul soothing street food :)
Friday, November 20, 2009
The room is L shaped……a looooong L…and the lower part of the L is the Dining room …at least that is what we have designated it as. For a better idea I have tried and depict what the apartment looks like right now.
The picture is self explanatory and as far as possible I have kept the colors as close as possible. One thing to note that even if the carpet under the TV, Futon and the rocking chairs looks grey in the picture, it is really like egg shell white.
Now you must wonder why all this trouble of not only drawing the whole thing out, but putting it here..on this blog….the reason is I need help…
Time to admit that I totally sick when it comes to design, styling or anything to do in that world, and hubby made a big blunder by relying on me to make the Apartment a home; hoping that I would have some style…hahahaha BIG MISTAKE!!!!
So now dear dear readers/friends help me out and tell me what can I do with the big empty space from the main door to the futon? I am willing to move the furniture around (except the dining table…there are 2 huge windows and we appreciate the view during dinner and the occasional lunch).
I have no idea what I can do …and I am even willing to buy a couple more pieces of furniture to fill the space, ….help me…pluuuuleeeeezzzzz